Thursday, December 9, 2010

Things Remembered, Things Learned

This "having two kids" thing is pretty intense, but we're hanging in there!  People say you forget what it's like to have a baby (or everyone would stop at one), but it's all coming back to me.



Things I Remember
  • Taking care of a newborn is totally aweso--oh wait...it kinda sucks sometimes. But the sweet times more than make up for it.
  • Our friends and family are so very thoughtful and generous.
  • The best way to wake up a sleepy nurser is not to tickle or undress her, but to try to take a shower, or try to nap yourself.
  • "A Baby Story" on TLC is a half-hour formula commercial.
  • No one in my building seems to go to work during the day.  What?
  • A baby dressed in head-to-toe pink, in a pink carseat, with a pink blanket, still looks like a boy to the people on the elevator.
Things I've Learned
  • My husband is more amazing than I ever realized.
  • Clara consistently wakes up more at night than Audrey.  And I actually miss those nighttime opportunities to parent her. 
  • My iphone is the most valuable item of baby gear I own (contractions, breastfeeding, diaper counts, appointments, shopping, sending cute pics to daddy...there's an app for that).
  • "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" is really good television.  Seriously.
  • Despite my intentions to do some things differently, I'm the same mama this time around.  Hopefully Audrey will turn out just as sweet and well-behaved...with none of Clara's bad habits...


No comments:

Post a Comment