Monday, May 31, 2010

Finally, Disney Pics and a Bumpdate


Ok, something’s got to give.  I can’t have a blog that I only update once a month.  The readers deserve and demand more!  My excuse thus far has been sickness (traditional and morning), and now it’s my body’s new sleep schedule.  I swear, some nights I literally fall asleep before my 22 month old. 

Since becoming a (working) mom, I’ve already given up cooking, cleaning, baths, reading, watching tv, exercising, looking nice, booze (mostly), and adult company and conversation.  What else is there?  Lunch hour.  That’s when I’ll blog.  And maybe it will keep me out of Target, at least from 12 – 1 pm on weekdays, which is a start.

So, as you’ve heard, Disneyland was a huge success.  So much, in fact, that Clara is now dissatisfied with her previous favorite weekend activities of the going to the beach and the park.  We’ll arrive at those very fun destinations, only to hear ten minutes in, “See more castles?  Go to Minnie Mouse’s house more?”  We’ve told her Disney is for birthdays only, and we’ll take her in July when she turns two.  Here are some pics of the magical day (taken with my new, compact, and simple to use camera, thank you, Aaron!):

1



And now for the bumpdate (update on the bump, get it?):  This week I entered my second trimester. The morning sickness for the most part is gone, except on Mondays, when it randomly rears its ugly head.  I can’t stomach the thought of pizza, and yet when presented with one, I somehow manage to eat the whole thing.  This time in the pregnancy is uncomfortable for me emotionally, because it’s a month between each appointment, and I am not yet feeling the baby move, so I just have to have faith that everything is progressing smoothly.  I have an appointment on June 3, so I’ll get to hear the heartbeat again, and I’ll also get authorization for my “big ultrasound” during which we get to find out the sex, which should be in about four to six weeks.  Think blue (hence the new blog layout)!

Happy Here!


No comments:

Post a Comment